collapse

Author Topic: Yankees Block  (Read 7437 times)

MickeyD

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yankees Block
« on: January 29, 2015, 10:42:54 AM »
Now that my team is officially eliminated, Iím going to get a hop on the offseason.

Overall, Iím disappointed I spent some on rentals in Cruz and Thames without a playoff appearance to show for it, but I still feel like I have a good enough core here to compete for the next few years. Here are my priorities in order...

1. Acquire a #3 starter - depending upon who it is, I could move Vaughn and/or Edwards here. I like my top 2 with Verlander and Sale and think Yarbrough and Keller can hold down the back, but I still would like one more guy I really trust.

2. Move Tulowitzki - itís a bugaboo of a contract and who knows if Dan gives him a projection next year, but I could really use the $20mil. Iíll probably wait to see where my needs are in FA, but I could see myself covering a portion of his contract.

3. Relief Pitching - especially lefties. I wish Buttrey and Sherfy had better finishes to their season too. Overall, Iím probably gonna need 2 or 3 quality arms here that donít hurt the payroll too much.

4. Middle of the order DH-type - I like my lineup next year, but donít know if I have a guy I can count on to knock in 100 runs and be a true bopper in the middle. Iím not putting a HUGE priority on it, but itís a piece I can use.

5. Guys I could move:
Rick Porcello - Given his ballpark and the general environment, his year wasn't as terrible as the numbers suggest. I'm more than likely going to need the money, but I'd expect something small back for him.

Matt Carpenter - I'm not even 100% sure I'm moving him and likely won't before his ZIPs come out, but if I get a decent enough offer, I could be convinced. Remember though, I DO THINK he'll have a pretty good projection this year still.

Daniel Coulombe, Kohl Stewart, Kyle Crick, Sal Romano, Shawn Armstrong, Yency Almonte, Zac Rosscup, Devon Travis, Austin Dean - These are all guys that probably aren't going to contribute to my team this year, so I'd look to move them in some way shape or form for future assets or help fill a need. For basically all of them, it'll take very little.

There are many other things I wanna say and will say as we get closer to the true offseason, but I wanted to get the preliminary ball rolling here. Overall, any pieces can be moved, but Iíd want a special player if I were to move the following prospects:

Andrew Vaughn
Xavier Edwards
Luis Frias
Alexander Vargas
Gilberto Celestino
2020 1st (DET)
2022 1st (NYY)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 03:05:43 PM by MickeyD »
ďThatís baseball, Suzyn.Ē

MickeyD

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Yankees Block
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 03:05:06 PM »
Bump. I've added a few players that I would look to move.
ďThatís baseball, Suzyn.Ē

* Rosters

* Sim Results