collapse

Author Topic: Team Openings  (Read 283 times)

MarlinS

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Team Openings
« on: April 01, 2019, 05:21:17 PM »
We have an immediate opening for the Braves for any interested, qualified GM.

We're waiting to hear back from Andrew, our interim for the Red Sox.  He'll either remain an interim until we get a permanent replacement, or he'll be named the permanent GM.

MikeE, the Cubs GM is actively searching for an aGM.  The idea here is Mike is likely to give his team over to the aGM at the end of the year.  If Mike changes his mind, and stays, that aGM will be on a very short list for a new opening when it comes.

Please reach out to anyone you know who would be interested in taking over a team.  We would like to fill the opening(s) ASAP, but we also feel its more important to make the right decisions, and not a rushed one.

If you bring someone in, and they don't get an immediate GM opening, I'd love for the GMs who brought them in to have them become their aGMs, if possible.

Thanks everyone.
MLBSA- Tigers
BNSL- Indians

MarlinS

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Team Openings
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 05:23:09 PM »
If you wish to become an aGM, any GM can assign you their aGM.  Only one aGM per team.

If you want to become a GM of a team immediately (right now the Braves are the only confirmed opening), please send a PM to MarkA and DarylH your general plan for the short term and long term health of the franchise.

Thanks.
MLBSA- Tigers
BNSL- Indians

MarlinS

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 06:05:39 PM »
Andrew will remain the interim GM, and will NOT be taking over the Red Sox.

So, the Red Sox and Braves are currently open.

If you want one team over the other, feel free to specify which team you prefer when you send your PM in.

Most people are happy just to get a team, but to each their own.
MLBSA- Tigers
BNSL- Indians

DanR

• ATL Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 08:06:41 PM »
Hey guys my name is Dan R.  I recognize some of you guys from other leagues Iím involved in. Fangm DFFL AND CFFL. I also have a sim baseball team with the wlsb with some of you guys. Iím looking for morenofnanwin now type of team like Bostonís. Iím not looking to become an asset. As I already have other teams I compete with. But if the Boston team is still available and you want to turn it over to a guy who is reliable and consistent. Iím your guy. I Know the format already so there wonít be much of a learning curve. Feel free to ask questions if you have any for me.
Atlanta Braves GM
Dan R.
Pac-Man-
✌🏻 Up, A-Town Down

DanR

• ATL Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 12:03:10 AM »
Actually either team is fine with me. Red Sox have the more win now type of team I was looking for. With excellent MVP caliber players. But I do like the farm system the Braves have compiled. Especially the pitching. And Iíve grown up a lifelong fan of the Braves. So either team would be fine with me. And I will let you guys decide which team you want me to run, if you decide on me at all. So I guess Iím even on both.
And I have one question:

When you guys started this sim league, did you have a draft pool of all the players? Because it seems as if you just started with the original teams. Just curious is all. 
Atlanta Braves GM
Dan R.
Pac-Man-
✌🏻 Up, A-Town Down

DarylH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 03:50:26 AM »
We started with the real teams and contracts.
Daryl Hauck
President & General Manager
Seattle Mariners
344-305  53%  (4 seasons)

AL Wild Card: 2017

JimH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 07:18:49 AM »
Hey Dan, good to see you here!

DanR

• ATL Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 10:04:20 AM »
Thanks Daryl. Thatís what it seemed like. Hey Jim. Always good to see someone familiar.

Iím looking forward to hearing about an upcoming decision if I can join your league. Iím ready to get started since the league just kicked off and Iíll be a little behind.

And 1 more side note- I do like the Braves squad. I have an American League team already. And I want to look for a National league approach. I have different ways I would attack, strategize, and draft for both leagues. So the Braves, if applicable, would be the team Iíd like to pursue
Atlanta Braves GM
Dan R.
Pac-Man-
✌🏻 Up, A-Town Down

JerryE

• Trade Committee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 06:47:27 PM »
The NL East is the scariest division in MLBSA...you sure about that? 😀

DanR

• ATL Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 09:49:00 PM »
Exactly right! Miami and Philly will be tough, competitive teams. Donít see any other competition from within the division.  But  I thrive under that sort of pressure Teej.
Atlanta Braves GM
Dan R.
Pac-Man-
✌🏻 Up, A-Town Down

DanR

• ATL Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 02:47:28 AM »
Hey sorry Jerry. Hahaha I got you confused with tjbarnaba. . My bad fellas. Iím sure TJ understands why, he has a WAS team in the other league we are in together. But still Jerry, ATL backs down from no one.

Peace up...... A-Town down!!! ✌🏻
Atlanta Braves GM
Dan R.
Pac-Man-
✌🏻 Up, A-Town Down

JasonK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 07:32:16 AM »
This one will do
Jason K
Houston Astros General Manager
Golden Fleece Triumvirate 2019

TjBarnaba

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 08:58:42 AM »
Hey sorry Jerry. Hahaha I got you confused with tjbarnaba. . My bad fellas. Iím sure TJ understands why, he has a WAS team in the other league we are in together.

Any press is good press for me!

DanR

• ATL Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 11:27:26 AM »
Maybe not your Bench ďpressĒ hahaha

Atlanta Braves GM
Dan R.
Pac-Man-
✌🏻 Up, A-Town Down

JerryE